I think we've got 12 charters. Most in the BVI but we've done Antigua twice, St Lucia to Grenada and back once and the Cyclades in Greece. I like Antigua, I've got a poor memory but we went south to Ile des Saints the first time and to Barbuda the second time. On the west side of Antigua is Jolly Harbor where we started and ended and I think that is the best/easiest for provisioning. There is a good grocery store right across the street. On the east side is English harbor and Falmouth Harbor. Both very interesting but more difficult to provision. Actually, we went to Falmouth, found a spot to dingy and walked a 1/2 mile to a grocery store that was pretty good. It was on the North side of the harbor, I can't tell you how to get there but I could find it again. At English they have C&I and a small/expensive grocery store but even when we walked a ways along the street to Falmouth there wasn't much in the way of provisioning. The area was very old, well preserved and interesting to explore. Up on the hill they have a gathering with many steel bands, we heard them from the boat but didn't go there, wish we had, it happens once a week, I think on Sundays? At the heart of Falmouth I found a grocery store on the dock but it was very expensive. There are some very impressive large yachts usually in the area. On the north east side you have to go around to the west to enter and head to Long Island and further. I found a short cut that was very shallow but lets just say the charter outfit was not pleased with that. Barbuda was fun, we were the only ones there. Compare to the BVI lets just say you can't go 10 km from bar to bar but the sailing is great, there are some great anchorages and some very interesting boats to see in the area. I would have loved to go to Monserrat but that was definately off-limits to our charter outfit. We like to sail and find nice anchorages, we eat on board so we aren't looking for land based night life, there is some but nothing like the BVI. It works for us and since you're doing more than the average BVI cruise this time I think it will work for you.

Life involves risks, take some prudent ones (NOT with the BVI ferries)!