Please note the measurements are approximate. I don't use them having learned the recipe by watching my mother many years ago smile
Approx 1 to 1.5lbs of ground beef, my preference ground chuck for flavor, 1 or 2 eggs, 1/4-1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4-1/2 cup milk, 1 cup instant rice, 1 small-medium size onion, 1 tsp minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
Start out with the lesser amount of wet ingredients and add according to your preferred consistency.
Mix by hand then stuff 3-4 peppers with mixture. Before stuffing I cut the peppers in 1/2.
Place the peppers in a soup pot or dutch oven, you can stack if need be, then cover with a large can of tomato soup and 1/2 can of water followed by my choice, salsa usually ChiChi's or store brand. You can substitute plain diced tomatoes for the salsa.
Simmer covered on top of the stove until peppers are tender and easy to cut with a fork.
I like to make mashed potatoes placing a hefty spoonful into a soup bowl, add a cooked pepper then ladle a nice amount of the sauce over the pepper and potatoes.
Great meal on a chilly fall afternoon. I find them to be even more tasty the second day wink