RICKnGRACE_LI_NY said:After Luis we waited 2 years and even then I didn't feel the Island was really ready for us, however we kept going.

Our first visit to SXM was in November of 1996, just over a year after Luis. Not having anything to compare it too, we instantly fell in love with the island and its people even though there were still dozens of sailboat masts sticking up out of the lagoon. And Mullet Bay - we stayed at the Towers and on the drive in I really wondered what we had gotten ourselves in for!

And over these last 20 some odd years we have watched the island continue to recover, rebuild and prosper, but in specific areas the mark left by Luis is still quite evident. There will undoubtedly be wounds left by Irma that will never heal, and scars that will take years to fade.

We own at OBBR and are currently booked for the first two weeks of December. While our resort appears to have fared better than many, I am under no illusion that things will be even remotely close to normal by then. But recovered enough that they will be looking for guests? Who knows....I have no idea and I'm going to rely on them to tell me.

At this point, I am going to take a wait and see approach. Much more information will emerge in the coming weeks. I don't hold out much hope for a December visit, but I'm not going to jump on the phone today and cancel my flight reservation either.

I will continue to hold Sint Maarten and her people in my thoughts, prayers and heart through these trying days, weeks and months ahead. Especially so this coming weekend as Jose threatens to add insult to injury.

LeAnn

url=https://www.tickerfactory.com][Linked Image][/url]