The earliest i can envision any amount of hotels being able accept reservations and airlines having enough the load factor to keep flights regularly scheduled would be 1 year from now. October 2018. More likely years later to see anything like we are accustomed to. Good to be in the roof replacement business.

I fully expect our first return to the island will be on a cruise ship for the day, hopefully renting chairs from rosie on mullet or a yellow umbrella on orient and a drink from willie. Or both. Hope they are both ok.

If we enjoy that cruise visit, we will be on another boat very soon or make a reservation somewhere we have seen.

I hate to say it, but I also see alot of the current crop of american/french residents and business entrepreneurs taking the insurance check and moving back to Small town USA or France and putting SXM paradise behind them. Im sure they will visit, just wont own or work on island.

I dont think all grasp what that storm was like to endure.

I think folks will leave everytime a hurricane is heading near, no no more riding out the storm in the condo. It will take another 20 years of cream puff storms to lure folks to "riding it out"