SNM, Bequia had many moorings open at 3:15. We moored away from Princess Margaret beech for security. We never felt unsafe anywhere on the trip but that was a year ago. I’m mostly reacting to what you see on the internet and the unknown, but once there we were fine last year. Generally the crime is theft of items left unlocked, no different than the mall at Christmas, not counting recent events at the Pitons. There were far more boat boys at the Tobago Cays than St Lucia and Bequia. All were polite and were providing services. Entering Bequia a boat boy will meet you and try to guide you a mooring ball that they are accociated with. I generally try to get a spot away from shore. The first Bequia boat boy was fine with me making my own selection, a nice lady met us next to help with the mooring, she just charged for the mooring. We accept their help and provide them some money. I even paid one guy to not help us, I wanted my crew to gain experience mooring. This goes a long way for relations and does not cost you much. We head back to Grenada in a few days. I let you know how it goes.

Fyi, the painters on the mooring balls in the area don’t have floats and the painter sinks, they require a bit more digging or help from your boat boy.

You should check the carribean security network and noonsite for what they have reported.

Last edited by Jccarr; 11/02/2017 11:15 PM.