Anonymous said:
You must have some ties to CYOA. I have chartered from numerous different charer companies around the world. CYOA is by far the worst charter company to deal with. I rented two boats. A 38 ft lavezzi and a 40 ft leopard. The boats were filthy, had mechanical problems on the second day, they were no help. I had to jury rig it myself and limp along for the rest of the trip. They offered no credit, no refund, not even an apology. My suggestion, as recommended by the owner, read the fine print in the contract. It basically states that they can stick it to you, but you can't sue them if they are liable.

Read trip advisor, it's loaded with bad comments about them.
I would not recommend using a boat from them.

I am reluctant to get into this and I won't be drawn into a troll war but let me lay this out. This customer did charter from us back in 2008 though VI Sailing. While his recollection of his alleged problem seems perfect he actually can't remember which boats his group rented. They had an Athena 38 and a Jaguar 36, the two smallest and least expensive cats that we had at the time. Perfectly capable boats but not the Queens of the fleet. Recently he contacted us and demanded a substantial discount/credit for issues he claims to have had in 2008. Despite his perception now that we are the worst charter company in the world he still wanted to book a boat with us as long as we gave him this credit. We went through our very detailed records, asked VI sailing to do the same and could find no history of his issues. Our core staff has been the same for years as well and what ever issues he had didn't rise to the level of anyone remembering them. We did offer him a couple of discounts and when he decided that wasn't a deep enough discount he has gone on a smear campaign against CYOA.

While we try to make everyone happy this guy is outside our ability to satisfy. We aren't perfect but we are good at our job and the numerous repeat customers that I see year in and year out are a testament to that.
Jay Pennington
CYOA Charters