You mentioned Chicken Stock...
I always cut off and save the little wing tips from chickens and turkeys... freeze these in a ziplock baggie until I have a bunch...
Then I use them to make my own stock... then I cook it down to a concntrate and freeze the stock in icecube trays...
Remove from trays and put in Food Saver bags, about 6 cubes to a bag...and back in freezer...
then I can take out as many as I need to use...

Those wing tips have more collagen than any other part of the birds...
if you just put the stock concentrate in the fridge overnite, you get chicken JELLO...

for the stock I use the wing tips, chopped carrots, celery & onions (skins and all, I just cut off the root end)...
Strain it all before freezing...
sometimes I'll clarify the stock, using egg whites & shells...

[color:"blue"]Clarifying Cloudy Stock[/color]

INGREDIENTS

For each quart of stock:
2 tbsp cool water
2 egg whites
crushed egg shell from 2 eggs
1/2 tsp lemon juice

METHOD
1.Strain the stock through several layers of cheesecloth to remove any bones, meat, etc. Clean the stockpot, and return the stock to the pot.
2.Mix the ingredients together and add to the stock. Bring to a boil over high heat, then remove from heat, covered, and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
3.Strain once more through rinsed cheesecloth, taking care to pour slowly and carefully such that the fat does not re-coagulate...
(you want to keep that chicken fat! it will stay on top and is easy to remove after freezing if you don't want it).