I chartered a Saba 50 from BVIYC three years ago for the BVI Regatta - yup they had a Cat division, which is exactly that: no one took it seriously but a great reason to get us down. I have chartered over 20 times everything from 40 to 58. My fav boat of all-time is a Lagoon 450. I have chartered a Lagoon 520 (and the 500) which I would take over the Saba 50 (also chartered the Helia 44 but prefer the Lagoon). However, while perhaps not my fav the Saba 50 was a great boat in many regards. The space and comfort will be fine for your group. Loved the outdoor lounging areas both upfront and up top. The refrig/freezer will be more than adequate and worked well on our vessel. For your hubby: for some CRAZY reason our boat did not have a main halyard electric winch - (yes I am old enough that my first three boats did not have one) but this boat really needs one. It took 10 minutes (even w someone jumping the halyard) to raise the main. Adding to the frustration the square top main head was not properly lashed so we had to climb into the bag to jury rig a system that worked. Those issues aside, she sailed well, maneuvers well and I am confident that overall you will love her.