|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,075
Members27,641
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Aries4
Morrisville, PA/West End, Tortola
Posts: 460
Joined: July 2006
|
|
|
9 members (Compskier, ib4ut1, 706jim, rpotter28, caribmichael, Rumlover, Kennys, 2 invisible),
399
guests, and
61
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 633
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 633 |
I use WindFinder for weather supplemented by the NOAA 5-day marine forecast for VI waters ( https://forecast.weather.gov/shmrn.php?mz=amz725&syn=amz700) and also during the hurricane season the NOAA 5-day tropical weather outlook ( https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5) To estimate tidal current direction, I simply get the moonset and moonrise times for the VIs. Especially around the new and full moons, I'll use this to help plan best departure times for longer legs such as sailing from St John to/from Culebra or Vieques or St Croix. I've never adjusted my departure times or routes while in the BVIs. You do want to take note of the current direction while passing through the narrows between West End and St John, especially if it's running west and you want to go east. Best to hug the shore in this case.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|