Hi all...

Just came back from sailing, and had my ticket through STT, back to Miami. First time I am using STT in 20 years. Read on.
This is possibly one of the worst travel memory I have, and I wanted to communicate about this.

I had to go through 1h 45 min in the line going to the US Immigration, the line starting way out of the terminal. I was like.... WHAT IN HELL IS GOING ON?? Fortunately, I did not miss my flight because I was at the airport almost 3 hours before boarding.

What was even more infuriating is that travelers using luggage porters were driven to a special line with maybe a 15-min wait, at most. I inquired to a police officer from the airport, and she said that (did you know this?) the porters have a special "deal" and their paying customers can benefit from the short line. I could not even use a porter because I only had a carry on.
To make matters worse (if even possible) the short line had SIX immigration officers working on it, while the long line had only TWO, which added to the length of the line of course.

My patience - and that of many people in my line - was running very short. We asked for a superviser and every time, the officials we asked did not answer to us, looked the other way and kept walking.
Some people started screaming and a woman who eventually missed her flight because of the line, had a nervous breakdown and started screaming insanely.
It was pandemonium at some point and no one, and any point in any time made the effort to explain to the crowd what was going on, let alone apologize.

Additionally, most A/C units still do not work (almost 1 year after Irma), and some parts are still not even rebuilt.

As you can imagine, I will never EVER go through STT again. SJU is definitely the way to go and it is much shorter than having to deal with the ferries, on top of that.