I feel your pain. Don't let the naysayers get you down. I like hearing about bad experiences because it gives me information to help avoid those experiences on my next trip. Some people just like to hear about the turtle you saw swimming under a rainbow. Yes, you could mention some of that since your post title is a little misleading.

I lucked out on my trip in late July. No line at the Delta desk to check my bag but security was snail crawling slow! I also arrived 21/2 hours before flight. STT has always been a disaster. Before and after Irma. I have never, ever had Pre Check. Even booking with airline credit cards. It's a gigantic scam. The TSA is a disgrace. Think the loneliest loser you ever knew in high school. Every time I fly there is the body scanner and the walk through scanner. Guess which one I always go through and which one is never used? I know how to travel and empty my pockets and take items out of my bag. Still, hand frisked every time.

I had to fly from STT to JFK to get to Pittsburgh. Never again. JFK ground and air traffic closed twice for emergencies arriving and departing. The ferry Native Son was so rough I still have the bruise on my leg where my wife gripped it in sheer panic. Before we left BVI a deckhand told everyone it would be rough and if we saw him run and jump over the side to follow him. I still don't know if he was joking or serious. You don't tell passengers with scared kids something like that! Like yelling fire in a movie theater.

The customs in Road Town took well over an hour. I'm going SJU next time too. I don't know what will bring about change. Complaining on site at STT will do nothing. They have you by the b@$%s. I would write a letter to some authority back here in the states. The people of the BVI need tourists. All that I encountered were so thankful to have us. I think they need to put pressure on the first/last contacts we have when coming and going on our vacations to implement change because it does impact tourist's decision to visit or not. If you are a family with kids, tired and hungry, are you going to put up with an already long day of travel and hassle or book a Disney cruise? No I wouldn't go that far but you get my point.

[Linked Image]