I wanted to share my experience we just had with Horizon Yacht Charters. Let me start off by saying I'm not one for posting online reviews, though I do take advantage of the reviews of others when planing my Holiday's, so I thought it was time I give back. When we finished our charter (August 12th -18th) I began to do a little research on the best forum to post on and landed here.

My party of 8 chartered the "Double Expresso" from Horizon Yacht Charters for 6 nights with a sleep aboard the night before. Throughout the entire planning process I could not keep up with the amount of communication coming from the company. From past charters we have done we knew the sleep aboard was the easiest way to make sure we had smooth sailing on the trip. Our group would not arrive until after the Horizon office had closed, the ladies in the office left us with detail instructions where to locate the boat and had sent a driver to pick us up from the ferry terminal (fancy!) When we arrived at Nanny Cay Marina the boat was exactly where we were told it would be with the lights on and air running. The bottle of rum on the table was a very nice touch, thank you! After a long day of travel our group went to bed early in anticipation of the adventure we would begin in the morning.

We ate breakfast at the restaurant literally 30 feet from the door to the Horizon office while we waited for them to open at 8:00. Our charter was scheduled for 12:00 and so we had plenty of time to do what we needed and get out on the water. When we settled up in the office and signed the last of the paper work, we were greeted by Jolan who asked our preference of when we would like to begin our briefing. After having a couple more cups of coffee at the Marina coffee shop we separated the group, half went to take care of provisioning at the store (literally directly below the Horizon office and maybe 100' from the boat) while my mate and I met with Jolan for the beefing. By the time we got back our SUP's, Kayak, and Dive Gear were already on the boat. Jolan was extremely through with his briefing, we covered all the ships systems and he was a great resource of information regarding the chart and what was still open after the hurricanes and the end of the season After going through our checklist and theirs we signed off on the boat and were finished before the group was done with provisioning thanks Jolan!

We left before our scheduled 12:00 departure and set sail, the Open 40 is an awesome little cat with little effort we were able to get her almost to double digits on a broad reach. We had a blast with perfect weather and smooth sailing. We made the sail to Anegada and back freezing out butts off at night with the AC at full blast. We had a little trouble getting the stove not getting as hot as we wanted, we felt bad making a late night call to the Manager duty (thanks John... sorry!) but his tricks got us cooking just right. We came back to the Marina at 5:30 on Friday the 17th so we could all make our connections the following morning Jolan was at the gas dock to greet us and kept them open just long enough for us to hustle to top off all the tanks on the boat (we should have gotten back a little sooner....woops).

All in all this was probably one of the easiest charters I have done, thank you Horizon! We will defiantly we back with you soon. With the condition of their boats being what it is I would happily let them manage mine. Cant wait to talk about purchasing a boat through you all.