While this is an old thread, I thought this would be some valuable information.

Since the hurricanes in 2017 some of the ferry schedule has been discontinued and not resumed yet. The Virgin Islands have also had a dip in tourism, which also means that the ferry schedule needed to be reduced.

I run SeaHorse Land & Water Taxi out of St. Thomas, www.seahorsevi.com. We provide private transportation services for people that need to get to their destination within USVI or BVI. We have drivers on St. Thomas, St. John, and Tortola. Our boats can cross international boarders.

The biggest problem also is time the customs office closes. According to the website the hours are open later, some until 9:00 PM http://www.bvitourism.com/arriving-by-sea, but I am not certain the website is up to date. I am double checking to see if this accurate, I think they may be closing at 5:00 in West End and Road Town. They reduced their hours because of Hurricane Irma and Maria damage and reduced tourism demand.

I met with the owner of Road Town Fast Ferry a few weeks ago and it is not running the full schedule they used to either. This will likely rebound, hopefully during this tourism season.

Last edited by Head Hippocampus; 08/28/2018 09:41 AM.