Very nice report! Loved the details, and it brings back so many memories reading this island. Once Kakao and Kontiki re-open later this year the numbers on Orient Beach should begin to steadily increase. It's difficult to imagine just 15 to 20 people on this beach when I have experienced so many large crowds in the past. I suppose it must have been like getting there early in the morning when only certain couples strolled down the length of the beach before the crowds started to fill-in after 10 a.m.! And, as you described going 'au natural' on Orient Beach is the best. It's just too bad that so many of us wait until we're older to try this!

The French side is a bit different, though I'm not as certain since Irma struck. To me, it was more laid back and not as commercialized as the Dutch side. Grand Case is a wonderful area to visit, and they have a beautiful beach there along with some excellent dining options. Another beach worth a visit (though much more secluded) is Happy Bay Beach to the immediate west of Grand Case. You can go sans clothing here as well, but you might want to bring along a portable beach umbrella and a pair of beach towels because there are no rental facilities there. I'm certain you and your wife will enjoy it as much as the Dutch side. Thanks for sharing!