Hi, Robin and Ed,

Sounds like a very good start to your trip.

With regard to the TVs at BSV, we also had major but intermittent issues with ours and found Emmanuel to be our new BFF while there. We were gratified to learn at about day three the problems we were having weren’t all ‘user issues’ and he was able to resolve them by adjusting ‘something’ in or near another unit a few doors away.

Too bad about your ElZafiro experiences. We know of others who have also had issues there but thankfully, our visits have all been good. We stayed there three days before our BSV time and had no issues at all and were able to sit wherever we chose for all our meals. Erika and the other waitress whose name escapes me now, greeted us each morning with big smiles and made us feel more than welcome. We didn’t find the food to be fantastic by island standards but more than good enough to satisfy our rather plebian tastes. Our breakfasts were included in our room rate and we chose to eat dinner there two nights - the first night John had an app he so totally enjoyed that we went the second time so he could have it again. Are they still hosting cruiseship guests? It didn’t happen the days we were there but the day we left they had buses arriving for a promotion they were running - way too many people for me but since we were leaving anyway it was a non-issue for us and I fully get that island businesses need to do whatever they can to make their bottom line work particularly now with all they’ve endured.

Our only issue with BSV was that it is so very comfortable there we almost hated to leave to go anywhere else or do anything else beyond BE THERE. We love the property, the staff and the way everyone involved tries to make your stay an enjoyable one, not that there's much more they can do that hasn’t already been thought of.

Please keep your goods words coming and thank you for sharing your trip with us. Perhaps one of these years we’ll get to do do so in real time but for now, enjoy my friends, enjoy!

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."