Ahh, Pat, my friend, you are so right about not wanting to leave the comforts of ‘home’ to go elsewhere. It’s so easy to just pop outside here and be in the water. Or sit and look at it. Or.....well, you get the idea.

As far as the TV goes, it’s working fine. It’s the darn remote that gives us hives jester Too many buttons with so many functions and right in the middle of a show, it will intermittently tell us that another show is scheduled to be watched and do we want to switch to that show or hit ‘cancel’ to continue with the one we’re watching? I imagine it’s because others have either DVR’d shows into memory or put them in a schedule of some sort. We finally figured out how to get to ‘live’ TV, but it’s clear we’re not going to be great friends. Haha!

Perhaps the difference at El Zafiro was because you were staying there? I don’t know, but it wasn’t at all crowded when we were there. When we arrived, the girl asked us if we had already started a tab (I guess meaning at the beach part of it?), and when we said no, she sat us at table that wasn’t great. Right next to where they were doing construction and cementing/painting. We didn’t notice any taxis or cruiseship people being bused in, at least not yesterday. During one of our previous island visits, four of us rented chairs and ate there, and none of us cared much for the food or the drinks. Perhaps we just hit bad days. It happens. There is so much good that we experience here on the island, it’s hard to complain.

Both Ed and I also look forward to the day when we can sit and talk with you in person. It feels like we’ve been ‘friends’ for years now without actually meeting. I still remember the kind note you wrote me when my mom passed and that was 11 years ago! So, yes, I agree it’s time we meet in person. Perhaps next November. Something to look forward to.

I hope you’re keeping warm up there. grin

Robin & Ed

One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things. - Henry Miller