I have been looking at the great and thorough lists of after Irma open beach bars, etc ....Excellent

Have some questions about some of the out islands ?.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NORMAN: : THE CLUB ( owned by the same people that have Pirates Bight ). Has anyone been to Norman island of late and patronized THE CLUB. We were at the Club on our last BVI trip, just before Irma. Both places , Pirates Bight, and the Club ( next door ) were open. Pirates was quite rowdy, and we could hear the screams and shouts and curses , and threats , while we were hiking the back trail , which is some distance away. Our intention was to go to Pirates Bight for late lunch
and drinks, , but when we returned to the beach, the situation at Pirates had pumped up to a near brawl. Pirates was not in an aloha mode.

Several local types were cussing each other out, pushing and shoving, and pretty much out of control I am getting too old for that , and just flat no longer want to be around or in. .

The management apparently did not want to de- escalate the situation at Pirates, that looked looked like a full on bar fight was about to break out among about six or seven stout dudes. Been there and done that . Time for a new plan.

So we turned around, left Pirates and walked over next door to " the Club " . Major difference. Peaceful, Easy, positive vibes , welcoming staff, super friendly and good food, good view. . Excellent.

The reason I am asking, is that in May 2019, , we will be sailing a jeanneau 36i, out of Conch Charters, just Erica and I, and if the Club is open, our first sailing night will be at the Bight, on Norman.....if not, my plan is to head directly to Cooper Island, depending on what time we get out of Road Harbor.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COOPER ISLAND : I also did not see any posted reports on Cooper , there may be , but I did not see them. So FYI, this is what I have learned.......Cooper Island Beach Club looks really nice, all rebuilt .. The separate Rum Bar will be new to us, and I do believe that we will experience a very special and fun time. There must be a couple hundred different rums on several different shelves available. Dinner and happy hour at the Cooper Island Beach Club Restaurants always been outstanding. After mooring, we will dink over to Cistern Point for snorkeling. then happy hour. . They also had photos of their newly rebuilt hotel rooms.......Fantastic ! I know, we have the boat, but just for reference, I'd stay there in a hot second. Wow !

Checking the website, and their photos. Casual fun and classy .

Any of you sailors that have been there lately, any confirming scoops would be appreciated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Promise : Cruising BVI trip report.

When we return home from our 2 week BVI sailing vacation, I will post an up to date trip report on the BVI. from our actual observations...., , that might assist those who are planning on cruising the islands. Want to pass on up to date scoops
on the open bars and restaurants, harbors, marinas, moorings, fresh water availability, provisions, etc . Plus, any navigation info that might be changed , including navaids that are not watching on station, and any tips that might come in handy like shoal waters for deeper draft monohulls. ( like us at 6.5 feet ).

Fair winds and following seas....

Denny and Erica