I am the original OP of this post and I resent your comment on my leading with misinformation. My information was from the US Dept. and I only posted as every one else does to forward information. You all have your head in the sand. Safe?? You can love your Riviera. You try to encourage US residents to go to Mexico? You can keep trying to tell us it is a safe destination but statistics are proving you wrong. End of discussion, we are tired of hearing how safe you all are while many are still being murdered (for whatever reason). By the way, I have been to Mexico 4 times so don't comment that I don't know what I am talking about.

Your title and your first statement was incorrect:
“The US State Department has issued a new Level 2 travel warning for Cancun...”

The Level II warning was not new for this area at all, the increased warning level was for Juarez. This statement created much confusion for those newer to the area seeking information about the Riviera Maya and it needed to be clarified. Obviously there has been violence, esp in the Cancun city area, and we are not disputing that.

We do not “try to encourage US residents to go to Mexico”, but we do share our experiences in Mexico and elsewhere and try to provide balanced information. I’m glad you were able to make 4 visits to Mexico, and I hoe you can return. I didn’t say you don’t know what you are talking about, just that your statement was inaccurate.

I’m sorry you are tired of hearing how safe we all are, but there have been so many exaggerated and misleading articles from some of the US rags and other sources - such as those that 2fingers felt compelled to share - that some balance is needed, IMHO....

Last edited by crmoores; 12/31/2018 11:42 AM.

"Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life — and travel — leaves marks on you.”
-Anthony Bourdain