I am not a world traveler and really just a vacation traveler.

Many years ago I had a part time job as a limo chauffeur in New York and a lot of the jobs were at JFK, LaGuardia, Newark, and sometimes a private jet at Teterboro. Those airports were always busy, especially the international arrivals terminal at JFK, which could take up to 3 hours to get through.

I then moved to New Hampshire for a job transfer and would use the Eastern Airlines Shuttle (Wow that's showing my age) from Boston to NY on weekends because my family was still there. Once the family came up we would go to Logan for travel.

All of these major airports are always a P.I.T.A. because, let's face it, you can only fit so much water through a funnel.

We once used the Manchester airport but it was a really small airport and no modern conveniences. The buildings were more like quanset huts and you had to walk out to the plane. Fast forward many years and we flew from Tampa to Manchester via Southwest to attend the wedding of old friends' daughter. That Airport was upgraded and modernized and it was a breeze.

Last year was our first trip to SXM on a plane so we didn't get to experience the pre-Irma terminal. The temporary terminal, while not panacea was satisfactory for what they were trying to do. Again you can only put so much water through a funnel before it overflows. I only hope the airport authority continues to improve its ability to serve the traveling public with better facilities. I believe that our trip in June will be a better experience than last September but really not too concerned after seeing what the island was dealt in September 2017.

[Linked Image]