AA was pulling this kind of crap well before the 737 MAX situation arose. I have preached on this site for a long time that flying this airline is risky if you have a connecting flight, and I find their indifferent attitude unacceptable. Now, some people have done just fine with them over the years and that's great. But, along with Spirit and Frontier they are at the very bottom of my airline list when flying anywhere in North America and beyond. If I sound bitter it's probably because I didn't learn my lesson with them the first time (or the second time) they ruined my plans. I've had my luggage lost for one week in Philadelphia, a connecting return flight in the evening cancelled for no reason with no one from AA present in the PHL airport to help us make alternative arrangements until the next morning, another flight to PHL with the second flight to SXM cancelled with no explanation (they offered a later flight that day well after the SXM flight would have left that was useless), and so on. They say that "stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." I've decided that I'm done being stupid and I always look elsewhere, especially when we fly to SXM.