Good post Lucky. That certainly explains to me when I asked a cop can I get to Terres Basses through Sandy Ground he had no idea where this was....Unfortunately I started to notice a certain tension in June and this is what starts riots which ultimately leads to violence. The Government needs to take action now but I’m not sure how they would go about it. Someone posted to get in the Military but that would cause utter chaos to the tourism industry. The fact that the US Embassy has issued a warning for people traveling to the French side is cautiously a good thing in one respect but not something that leads to solving anything. It’s for the French authorities to resolve and quickly. I am not sure how I would feel being told that my land was now worthless and I would never receive a permit to rebuild plus knowing that there could be some nasty bromates in the water and nothing is being done albeit the latter is minor to the main issue but ongoing.
This could and should be a matter of urgency to deflect which could become very serious very quickly by first telling the people that they will be looking into the viability of allocating funds for those in flood impacted areas due to ongoing hurricane situations by allocating funds for them to build in a safer zone. However, they will not condone violence, burning of vehicles, barricades, blocking the roads and disruption of any kind that affects their main asset, tourism, which ultimately helps all concerned.

On a personal level and having travelled extensively in the Caribbean, I don’t think I have ever seen another Island and I do combine both French and Dutch sides together which in itself is totally unique as you know, that has so much natural beauty plus huge harbor areas for boats and mega yachts of all kinds, so much untapped potential that both Governments couldn’t get together and inject huge amounts of money and resources with a five year plan to make this destination the place for people from all over to travel to.

Wishful thinking as not sure it will happen in my lifetime as like so many other places money allocated, tends to disappear.