Made it back safely. I saw a destroyed car that obviously had been decimated recently by whoever, collected by a pick up truck that was originally blocking the road. Had to go over the bridge route. What I can’t understand is why the Polive just allow this to happen. When we had originally tried to go the Sandy Ground way, 2 cars in front of me I saw at least 20 youths tipping a car over to obstruct the road. Now initially, stupid me thought, how nice, they are moving the car out of the way, thinking it had conked out, hence the traffic, they were actually pushing ot towards the bridge to stop vehicles from entering. I heard later from a cop who actually understood and spoke some English that they had initially blocked that area with a bus!! I just didn’t have it in me to question what exactly they are doing in this situation but from what I saw, absolutely nothing!
We turned round very quickly and got the hell out. hate to think if there was some people in the car that they turned over and what happened to them? For the first time ever, got a bad feeling and wonder if there is just some terrible incident that will occur in the near future. Eerie feeling and Marigot was dead, no business’s doing any business, some had just closed and asking the owners and waiters who some had to walk into work up to at least one hour just about at their wits end with all these recent strikes. Arahawak also no longer do breakfasts, can’t afford to pay the cook from early in the morning until 11.30. A sign of the times we are in. Not good. Sad for the people who try so hard.
Did though by going a different route back find Sublime. Yes, not the best location, took a menu away to study as just wanted to get the hell back. Safe but did feel extremely uncomfortable at the time.