We take a cooler with a us every year. This allows me to prepare things at home, making meals on the boat so much easier. We have never had a problem at customs. Sometimes we have been charged a duty, put other times we have not. Never more than $10.

We normally bring 5 dinners; bacon wrapped filet mignons, marinated chicken breast, injected pork tenderloins, homemade lasagna (for a rainy day that you don't want to grill) and burgers made into patties and spiced. I also bring taco meat for lunch. I cook the bacon and sausage for breakfast and package it in one meal packages. Keeps from having all that grease on the boat.

We vacuum seal and then freeze on a cookie sheet. That way they stack very tight, helps keep everything very frozen. Husband packs the cooler the night before we leave and puts 5# of dry ice in the cooler. Before we leave for the airport we toss the dry ice. We don't want the hassles at the airport.

We have been there for 3 days prior to our sleep aboard and everything is still frozen solid. The last couple of years we stayed at Rhymers before our bareboat trip and they allowed us to keep our cooler in their walk in cooler.

Hope that helps

Colleen

[Linked Image]