My A number one complaint with the island of St. Martin - BOTH SIDES - is that they NEED to develop a comprehensive public transportation system that encompasses the entire island. Traffic has been an ever-increasing problem since the early 90s and with the ever increasing popularity of the island it only continues to get worse. Roads that can easily accommodate real buses would be a good place to start along with real buses regularly traveling a resort and beach route.

Don’t get me wrong - I love the island and we always rent a car - but if I were to name a fault, the traffic/parking issues would be it. Over the years we’ve learned when to go to town - very early - and when not to; but it’s ridiculous to spend forty minutes or more getting from Mullet to Simpson Bay and worse for other areas.

When we first started visiting the island back in ‘73 most visitors didn’t rent cars and many islanders didn’t own one car let alone multiples. I’m glad the economy has taken such giant steps for the benefit of the islanders but to what end? If you can’t get to work on time or a visitor can’t get to a dinner reservation on time ............

That might be one reason why you could see more AI hotels developed down the road.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."