So the real issue is Cooper and Great Harbor JVD. Cooper has the fewest moorings of all islands and has the worst holding ground and sea grass that needs protection. Great Harbor is always high demand. If Cooper is really high on your list, then you either get thee real early for FCFS, use BB or skip it and head to Norman or Peter which are still all FCFS. Great Harbor, get there early, use BB or go to Little Harbor and take a cab.

It really is different strokes for different folks. We start our cruise on Sunday and we are skipping Cooper because that field is way too tight and we did that last year. We are skipping Great Harbor too and planning on an extra day in Anegada and a night off Guana instead. Norman, Leverick and Peter will round out our week. And all my plans are subject to change based on weather if I have to. If my crew really wants Great Harbor or Cooper I would use BB without hesitation.

Boaty Ball has not created artificial demand. They are accommodating demand for those that choose it. The moorings are full so the owners are happy and the users are probably happy. If they were FCFS, they would still be full and boaters would need to plan on being there early enough if they really wanted to be at Cooper. Some of the haters sound way too wound up about this.

Last edited by Philggct; 02/19/2020 06:55 PM.