Agree with ^^^^. I started trip on Saturday and Sunday was at Anegada. At 5 pm, half of balls were still available. I sailed until late everyday and never encountered problems getting a ball (FCFS). I did anchor at SandBox but I believe I saw balls available elsewhere. At Peter Island(Great Harbor), I picked up a ball at 5:30 pm and many were still available.

I Hate the idea of needing to rush to next location to (hopefully) get a FCFS ball. I like the concept of reserving ball after checking weather and sailing as late as I want(or SCUBA) prior to getting to next anchorage.

I am not a fan of selling "advanced access" as the weather can change on you, however it does serve those who feel the benefits of "first class" privileges are with the extra $500. So as long as this is less than 10-15% of the Boaty Balls, I am okay with that. To me, Boaty Ball will be a "positive" effect on the BVI IF Boaty Ball can encourage more NEW moorings and not just convert existing FCFS balls to "Reserved BB".

I know there are those who oppose BB in any shape or form, but charters should not get to stressed about the availability.

The absolute BEST solution to being worried about balls is to start your charter on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

I continue to anchor when I can, not to save $30-40, but to experience the true solitude that some of these locations afford. On other nights, I want tis experience Willy T's, or Foxy's , or Anegada, or CGB, or.....

But don't STRESS about it!

Wes
s/v Sea Tiger (2022 Lagoon 46)
www.BareBoatBVI.com