I'm sure you are not alone in this situation, many are caught and scrambling to make travel decisions. You didn't state the dates of your charter, however since you had already paid for parking at the airport, I assume travel was imminent. I would also assume your charter is paid in full. Unfortunately, it is obvious folks are exposed to financial loss if you cancel. If I understand correctly, "the Canadian government is discouraging all unnecessary international travel", not prohibiting travel. In this case it is a personal decision to cancel, in hopes everyone involved will be sympathetic to your decision. We all expect charter companies to honor the terms of a contract, and it goes both ways. In other words, it is not the fault of the charter company you have decided to cancel your charter. As a result, you are asking the charter company to make a 'customer relations' decision, not a contractual decision. You ask "am I being unreasonable"? My opinion is … no you are not. Neither you, nor the charter company created this situation, and as a previous response suggested, do your best to resolve the issue with the charter company in a civil manner. If it is not settled fairly in your opinion, then moving your future business to another charter company would be understandable.

Noel Hall
"It is humbling indeed, to discover my own opinion is only correct less than 50% of the time."

www.noelhall.com