They probably see where some folks vehemently refuse to wear face mask in the US, because they feel that it infringes upon them as being a privileged person.

You know, there are multiple LEGITIMATE medical reasons some can NOT wear a mask. They are EXEMPT, yet most want to lump everyone together who chooses NOT to wear a mask where is it NOT an order or requirement. I personally know an auto mechanic who suffers from asthma, he has a doctors note for NOT wearing a mask. Has nothing to do with being "privileged" in some cases. I wound not consider asthma or another serious heath condition as being "privileged", but to each their own.

Kind of like the handicap parking placards. Some states pass them out like candy at Halloween, including OH where I live. Who knows if they are legit or not but I do get a kick out of it when the placard parking spaces are blocked by the people too lazy to return the cart 1-3 spaces from the parking spot and it inconveniences other placard vehicles.

Or, perhaps the island is concerned about the violence they see in some of the major US cities. You know, the burning, looting and overall destruction. I doubt the island wants that either. Enough of that was experienced on the French side not long ago.

J.D.