I’ve been pessimistic Thinking that the bvi government would shut down travel at first sign of trouble after opening and planning a trip would be iffy. They have poor facilities for handling serious Covid cases and lots of multigenerational families living closely together. Politically it is a tough situation. With offshore banking down, no tourism is killing the economy.

The path they outline is one meant to provide maximum safety to residents and claim they are opening up for tourism. They say a camel was a horse designed by a committee of politicians. I believe similarly the proposed solution is totally unworkable for tourism.

We have no expense involved with flyer miles and place to stay on VG, but we would not likely go under those restrictions even if young and unafraid of Covid. Too many hoops for a “bcation”. Few if any will do it. The other problem that those with age and or issues that make Covid more problematic..then what if you get it there. Skymed won’t evacuate you. You can’t fly commercial. Peeples is all you got.

I’m hoping Britain shoots enough of the AstraZeneca vaccine to the BVI when available to shoot up the population. Then they can take vaccinated travelers and this is behind us. I don’t know what any other answers are. Covid is so infectious and with asymptomatic spreaders it’s going to go wherever people travel. It’s going to be a long slow high season imo.

Last edited by Will_L; 10/07/2020 06:41 PM.