Originally Posted by Zanshin
I am truly thinking of relocating "Zanshin" to another island. But there's a saying German "Es wird nichts so heiß gegessen, wie es gekocht wird" which translates to "You don't eat food as hot as when it is cooked" (it loses something in the translation) but it means that things are often not as bad as they sound when announced. Just like a couple of months ago when word came around that every boat in the BVI had to have a local "agent" (remember that one?) and of course nothing came of it.

So before committing to leaving the island permanently I'll wait to see what really happens and I have to find permanent storage. At the moment it looks like Antigua or perhaps all the way south in Grenada.

But each year the BVI seems to come up with new schemes to make the stays less enjoyable and to drain even more money off visitors - without offerring anything substantially better to justify those new fees, taxes and regulations.

If you need permanent storage I would check with Puerto del Rey Marina, they have probably the best 24/hr security in the Caribbean and a yard that has survived hurricane Maria with minimal damage.
Something to look into.