Waiting for Jeannie of Shopndrop grocery service to arrive! Not a business call but strictly social - old friends planning to have coffee and visit. Traffic, maybe? No problem, mon. She’ll be here soon......

We ended up visiting over breakfast of sorts and catching up and we enjoyed every moment with her. I didn’t realize she had moved back to the Dawn Beach area but it’s so beautiful out there that I truly get it. One of our fondest SXM memories was many years ago along with other good island friends eating Indian cuisine on her porch and watching the full moon rise over the ocean. Special times, special friends and very special memories.

DH had to run to the grocery store because - OMG! - he ran out of both cookies and ice cream at the same time and he could almost do without real food than lack those two items in his personal food chain. And now he’s out watching the planes come and go. He never tires of this while I never tire of the waves crashing. To each his/her own. Whatever it takes, right?!

It’s been yet another beautiful day. At least one big cruise ship came on to our horizon before it moved on to greener pastures or perhaps I should say deeper waters? And now it or another one similar in nature has returned. And just one gorgeous big yacht anchored in the Simpson Bay area - no clue who owns it but methinks it’s one very wealthy owner, for sure, judging by the size and style of the boat.

Dinner tonight was at Mai Ti in Baie Nettle on the lagoon side and it was lovely. Over the years we had tried many times to go there in its old location and for one reason or another it just never quite worked out. We dined with old friends, MJ and Todd Benner and Georgia and David Langston whom we hadn’t seen in years, and Lora and Brad Mast whom we met for the first time this evening. We had such a good time. Our ‘driver’ picked us up here at BSV and what a treat that was. Left to our own devices I’m sure we would have ended up driving around forever and in the end we would probably not have found the place and gone elsewhere that was easier to find and more convenient for us. And thanks to our wonderful kids for a special treat. Who knew how sneaky they could be? What a nice surprise! As for the restaurant itself, it’s outdoor dining with tables under protective roofs, tiki torches burning, and a view of the lights over the lagoon where we could see all the way to the airport. Very comfortably elegant, for want of a better description. It was a lovely evening in every way and if we can find it again I’m sure we’ll return there someday.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."