|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,046
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 1,160
Joined: June 2005
|
|
|
19 members (knitsoftwear, IWIWSE, Oceans, CaribbeanCanadians, Rumlover, calle313, Kvsmith1, dj1094, Kelann, FLCajun, Good Boy Gus, GettingThere, SeeDiver, sierrasteve, xrayman67, 4 invisible),
334
guests, and
56
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 19
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 19 |
Did you read this? Even if it was legal per international treaties (and that is a subject of some debate), it was a horrible abuse of power and egregious violation of good will between two nominally friendly countries. I fully respect the rights of the BVI to enforce their borders and I feel for their citizens. However I can't excuse the actions of their officials being so overtly hostile to mariners. Until the crew and guests of S/V Blue Skies have their fines returned, are compensated for their time in confinement, and get a formal apology, I will consider the waters of the BVI to be as safe and friendly of a cruising ground as the Gulf of Guinea. Good yachtsmen have long memories. https://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/240275/bvi-impounding-boats.html#Post240275
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|