I think today may go down as one of the longest grueling days of my life. Drove to Miami last night so we could park,sleep and fly. Stayed in Fairfield Inn by Marriott. Figured this way, we wouldn't have to leave the house at Dawn, head to Miami, and battle the traffic. Hotel on a scale of 1to 10 was probably a 2, maybe a three. Very small room, freezing cold, and a mattress that was made out rocks. Also, all night heard a girgling coming from the ceiling. Well, we wont do that hotel again.

The shuttle did take us to the airport, but dropped us off at arrivals, so of course, no curb check in. Then came the long lines waiting to get to the counter, since online checkin is not available for inernational flights. Got rid of the luggage, then the longer lines a TSA. After we made it through there, the hike to our gate started. We were told it was gate 6...so after walking, with my bad hip, and lack of sleep, took about half hour to get to. Well......they changed the gate from six to thirty six...which was at least a mile away. no kidding. All this walking after only three weeks from two surgieries was a killer.

The plane was pretty full, with both of us having someone in both the window and middle seats. Flight itself was pretty easy, and thankfully they had the ramp against the doors, so it was easier to get to the busses. Took about FIFTEEN minutes for the bus to finally pick us up to take us to ''checkin''. Well, for the first time in 32 years, it took well over TWO HOURS and three more lines to get through immigration. I have NEVER seen it so packed, i guess Five planes including air france and klm all came in around the same time. Couldn't beleive how few agents there actually was. So, between the lack of sleep, the longest walks i have taken in years, and the standing in line, my back tonight is 'SCREAMING.

The good news is, I have three weeks to take it easy and hopefully recover. Did go to Mark's place at five oclock, because we didn't eat all day, except for a small bagel in a bag at the hotel. Mark's was as good as always, have never been disappinted in the least there. Coming in, could see miles and miles of seawood, and heard that many of the beaches are covered. Will see for ourselves soon enough. More to follow

Last edited by Carol_Hill; 03/14/2021 10:04 AM.