Our charter started today but unless I see a much better forecast for the next 2 days, I probably will stay put at The Moorings until Sunday. I'm going to check out other wind prediction websites but the NWS forecast for USVI is Friday 20-25 knots, 6-8 foot seas occasional up to 10. Saturday 20-25 seas 8-10 up to 13.

All I would likely be able to do Friday is motor sail (we're on a mono) like hell to a protected anchorage on Peter or Norman to wait out the Saturday mess. I'd rather sit safe, tied to a dock at Moorings and sample some things locally. Tonight we had a wonderful time at Pusser's. The folks and food at MYC a.k.a. Mariner Inn, has been great.

We also have friends who are scheduled to be here tomorrow to start their charter on another boat on Saturday. They're on a planned overnight in St. Thomas, still awaiting final BVI approval and of course can only come if the ferries are running.

In late 2019 we booked a 10 day trip for July, 2020. It got postponed of course to 2021. When the 4 day quarantine got instituted we expanded it to a 14 day charter and kept it that way after the quarantine was eliminated for vaccinated folks. So the way I see it, we still get 10 days of sailing and will be able to hit our favorite spots. We're on island time. After being here for a few days we have laundry to do and some supplies to buy.

Given what these fine folks have gone through over the past 4 years, my only hope is that this tropical stuff stays away from them or stays week.

Louis from Houston