They have instituted a new policy in the BVI. You cannot go to clear out until you have written permission from both the minister for Immigration and the Governor. This process is expedited through the immigration offices. Once that "pre" permission is granted, one can then clear out at either the West End or in Road Town. Without that permission they will not let you clear out. They recently "streamlined" this new process so that it takes even longer to complete. I spoke with Moorings and they have a number of boats that have been waiting just as long as I have for that permission. Nobody I have spoken to knows what sort of added value this pre-permission process is supposed to bring.
Last Wednesday the testing centres weren't overrun yet. There's now a link on the BVI government page to allow people who have been tested but haven't gotten results to try to find them... Sounds like something has gone awry. I'm not sanguine about the test since it will most likely be 100% useless for me to use due to the long time it takes for the results to come back, but if I do get a chance to take a test I'll do so as a kind of insurance policy and who knows, perhaps the results might come back quicker than expected.

[Linked Image]