Hmmmm. I never considered all your obstacles being from Canada. I don’t know if it’s any longer doable, but years ago (maybe 10 to 15?) I occasionally would shop for my Newfie Aunt here in the states and she would pay me by check from her checking account at home. She would always write in the memo line “Pay in US dollars” and they did. That may well be a thing of the past and no longer viable. How about bank transfers if your bank accounts allow them for free.

End of my suggestions but your description of where you live sounds lovely and actually, very much like my limited visits to Newfoundland. Perhaps the most beautiful and natural place I’ve ever been and inhabited by some of the nicest, kindest and most pleasant people you could hope to meet. If you’ve never been you really owe it to yourself to go at least once. Which will quite possibly cause you to want to return again and again.

All of which has absolutely nothing to do with hotel accommodations in Simpson Bay, Sint Maarten so my personal apologies to mikec for diverting his thread. 🙂🙂

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."