I finally got my pre-clearance this morning, and had an appointment at 10:00 at the West End to clear out. All went quickly and well and I was charged 50 cents (don't know what for, as I had already filled out my form). Because I'd gotten the pre-clearance, they didn't check my boat papers or temporary import or entry papers so I was in and out in 5 minutes - except waiting for the group of 6 in front of me, who hadn't filled out any paperwork in advance and took a long time filling out their forms...

So now I'm getting the outboard removed and stowed (this is the one time I hate having a 20HP outboard) and then have to get the dinghy on deck. Once all that is done, I'm off to St. Lucia - 325NM on a true course of 143. Winds are such that I will probably have to tack sometime in the next 3 days but I'll wait until I get into the lee of Gaudeloupe or Martinique to do that. By then the winds and waves will have settled a bit. It is BFT5-6 right now so I'm going to have really batten things down.

[Linked Image]