It was a sub-optimal trip. I knew it when I saw the weather charts, but I was so happy to get out of the BVI with the stress of not getting permission to stay nor to leave that I decided to do it. Basically, there was a tropical wave coming through and the winds were south of east - meaning I had (a) bad weather with clouds and squall lines, (b) wind almost on the nose, and (c) a disorganized wave system making life aboard miserable.

It took me 3 days, I left at 08:00 from the North Sound and arrived at 08:30 in Rodney Bay. I'll post a chart of my route, but basically I couldn't make any better than due south with no easting. When I did motor east it didn't come close to making the trip shorter.

I managed to cajole the lady at Health to allow me in without another PCR test - I was a bit disingenuous about my arrival time and she didn't want to do extra paperwork involved with another test and quarantine at dock. I cleared into Customs & Immigration with nary a hitch, I'd forgotten that officials could be friendly after my trips to the BVI - we chatted about Japan and they wanted to know certain phrases to impress their friends with. Ahhh, the BVI can certainly learn from this.

I've not used my A/C since way before Irma, but here at the docks I'm going to need it, so now I'm waiting for a technician to come by with magic greenhouses gasses for me smile

[Linked Image]