Originally Posted by BeachKitten
What I find interesting is that for your first post you came to disparage a business.

And shame on you regular naysayers for jumping on the bandwagon.

I suppose restaurants in NYC don’t ask people to have reservations? Or perhaps seat a regular and recognized customer, who most certainly would not need a reservation given their loyalty?

I would never demand that a chef leave the kitchen during dinner service. THAT sounds like rude and entitled behavior. Once things ease up Davide makes his rounds in the dining room.

We have never experienced anything but great Sicilian food. Kim, I hope you will go.

How many times must someone post before they are allowed to talk about a less than stellar performance, from an organization, where they are spending their money? 10, 100 or 1000 posts?
(it can be a restaurant, a rental car agency, a rental property, etc....)

Maybe she has been a lurker on this board, like so many of us have, before she found her voice and made her first submission. Sometimes, when you perceive that something really bad has happened you want to share.

She didn't make a reservation and that was her fault, but if whenever she showed up, others showed up after her that also didn't have reservations and got seated before her, loyal customer or not, than maybe she has a right to be annoyed by that happening. Seems to me, the supposed regular customer is being entitled, by just showing up without the reservation, with the expectation of getting seated immediately. When I go to some of my regular haunts, if they are slammed than I expect to wait. Sometimes I am comped a drink or an appetizer while I'm waiting, if at the bar, or once I get seated, but I would never expect it from an establishment.

Not once did she use the word "demand" in her post but she did say she asked to speak with Davide. Not an unreasonable request when one is as sorely dissatisfied as she seemed to be. We don't know if she waited only 5 minutes for him to come out or an hour, but the waitress/manager could have come out and simply said he's not available, she still would have left with an attitude but at least she couldn't say the manager wasn't responsive to her request. I can't believe that there are more than a handful, on this forum, who haven't asked to speak to a manager/supervisor/owner, in their lifetime, when they were experiencing a real problem or what they perceived as a real problem.

Her initial post might have been over the top, but so were some of the attacks against her.

Sounds like a bad experience, caused by BOTH parties, but there was no reason for the "nastiness" that was directed her way by some on the board.

And then to attack other members of the board that might have experienced less than stellar visits at Sale & Pepe, not right.

I'm sure this thread will be closed now.

Be Happy! Simply because you deserve to be. 😁