Originally Posted by M&GTF
HI Pat, I've been to the island 7 times and not heard the term 'St. Martin Snowflakes' . what is that?

It’s a term used to discuss the little white butterflies (moths?) that seem to appear at certain times of the year. It’s not at all unusual to see the occasional butterfly flitting about - hence snowflake - but today we saw hundreds and hundreds of them - ergo my use of the word blizzard.

Elaine,

We will definitely return for the mussels.

Carol,

Quite honestly, the rain hasn’t been a big deal except for the puddles on White Sands Rd…. I am a firm believer in worse case scenario - make lemonade.

Jeepers,

Gutside is a good place to go in a group situation. To go as a couple you will probably be the only ones there. They are open for lunch only on Sunday and close at three and closed on Mondays. Do make a reservation because rumor has it - no reservations - they don’t open at all.

DH had garlic shrimp and I had a seafood platter and they were very good. The other couple had a snapper plate and the garlic shrimp and were also pleased with their meals. I think the dinner checks were both about $50.00 per couple with wine plus a generous tip. Not fancy but a pleasant evening in an out of the way space.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."