In all our visits (over 20 now) we have primarily stayed in the Oyster Pond area. With a week at Simpson Bay this year, I was excited to go to restaurants that even though very good, just aren’t worth the drive over at night.

Based on the numerous positive reviews here, last night we dined at The Palms for the first time. Maurice had the drunken ribs and pronounced them the best ribs he had ever had on island. I tasted them and agreed. I did think that $35 was maybe a bit pricey for ribs, but we have noticed that ALL of the restaurant meals are more expensive this trip. I don’t know if it is Irma or COVID related, and I don’t care. The people here have to make a living and tourism $$ have been scant these last few years. Still a good value to me.

I had the shrimp curry and the chef was kind enough to make it mild for me. I love the flavor in curries and know that they don’t have to be hot to be delicious. Unfortunately, not every restaurant realizes that fact. Not a problem here, mild yet still packed with flavor.

We had great service and and an extremely pleasant evening. Loved the vibe, casual yet very attentive service. I understand now why it is on the list of favorites for so many TTOLers!

LeAnn

url=https://www.tickerfactory.com][Linked Image][/url]