After a bit of worrying about the protests on the French side, we have arrived and things are lovely. The Winair Flight to St. Eustatius (where we were visiting with my cousin) was a little late arriving so I thought we'd be delayed, but no, they landed at noon, we took back off for SXM at 12:07 so we only arrived 5 minutes late. There were 4 of us on the flight, by the time we cleared customs and immigrations, our bags were waiting for us - whole process from stepping off the plane maybe 15 minutes.

We were pretty early, so some other car rental guys called Lesley for us and he was right there in a few minutes. He advised we might want to stay away from Sandy Ground, but otherwise we should be fine. We did and so far things seem quite normal.

Yesterday we went down to Happy Bay and had a chicken lunch with Dany and enjoyed talking with him. The gendarmes had a boat and about 50 people... we were curious... Dany said a ceremony and pictures... some of them have been there for 5 years and such. It was quite interesting to watch the fanfare. Monday evening we went to Le Bistronome in Grand Case and I must say we both thought it was the best meal we've had since we've been on the islands (we've been here about 14 days at this point). He had the scallops and I had the lobster and we shared a lovely chocolate dessert. We each had a glass of French chardonnay and the bill was less than $100.... we highly recommend... and might go again haha!! (sorry, I'm terrible at remembering to take photos of my food - I'm so excited to dig in!). There were several tables full, but still plenty empty. We haven't found any restaurants to be overflowing except Big C's one night. Tonight we are going to Bistro Caraibes and trying to decide on where else to try for our last few nights here.

A few pics.... first look at SXM, Sunset from the Villa, and Rainbow over Anguilla this morning. The wind was blowing so it never rained on me... pushed it down more towards the other end of the island! I never get tired of this view!

Attached Files IMG_4510.jpegIMG_4541.jpegIMG_4571.jpeg

Laura