That's what I've been doing - keeping a few on the shelf. One other thing to consider is bringing a test kit to SXM with you. I've talked to a few people who have chosen to do a home test on the island before going for their official US-required return-home test, just so that they have a better idea what their official results will be.

The supply of home test kits has dried up in many areas. I don't know if this is going to be an ongoing problem, or if it is the result of extreme demand around Christmas and New Years.

Abbott's BinaxNOW is the brand that we've been talking about here, but there are others, which are in equally short supply right now. When shopping, if "collection kit" is in the product name then you'll be shipping a swab to a lab, rather than home testing.

Another thing that I've heard from people is that delivery times for test kits which are bought on the internet have been extended, beyond what they were told when they purchased. Again, I don't know if that is the result of seasonal shipping delays or extreme demand around the holidays.