Our resort RCI points are refundable/insured. Our JetBlue tixx can cancel at anytime w/o penalty w/ full refund.

Half our party is vax w/boost, one kid vax, no boost and the other no vax (That all sounds like a Starbucks order...LOL.) but both had c19 in Nov.

So I was debating trip insurance & COVAC Global piqued our interest bc if we did get a positive test before our return flight to the US, could get home in a few days as opposed to 10 quarantine. This appealed to me as Im in healthcare and in my state, can return to work if symptom free within 5 days. Otherwise it seems that trip insurance stands to refund non refundable costs.

BUT.....COVAC GLOBAL changed its MO, as I suspected it would with the holiday surge. Their model did not seem sustainable...https://thepointsguy.com/news/covac-global-issues/ and of course people abused the system.

Im going to tinker on insuremytrip but is there other insurance I should be looking at as far as we test positive there besides the mandatory SXXM insure?