Pat called out the place I always buy mine, SXM Cigars in Maho. They display the official Habanos dealer placard provided by the Cuban cigar industry to let you know they sell the real thing. Don't be afraid to haggle, especially if you're buying full boxes..they always seem to enjoy the process as much as I do, and the complimentary frosty beer while you shop is always welcome. As Pat says, very nice smoking area just outside. Have had some great conversations with Sint Maarteners over a stick and a cocktail there through the years. Just a suggestion..try a brand-name stick from the D.R. or Nicaragua. The Cohibas are excellent, and a good bit cheaper than the Habana Cohibas. The tobacco is from Cuban seed, with the soil being the big difference. Wherever you choose to buy, make sure you mention you are staying on the island. A less than scrupulous dealer will be less tempted to misrepresent what's being offered. Some friends of mine bought some "Cubans" in P'burg while on a cruise and brought some over with them to my place for a smoke...they were brutally bad knockoffs.

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came." ~ John F. Kennedy