It’s been a few years since we’ve done the near islands so I have to admit to knowing absolutely nothing about their current Covid-based entry requirements.

Based on past day-trips and stay-overs to St. Barts, Anguilla and Saba, I would still make Saba my first choice of all mentioned. We did a three night stay-over there during a St. Maarten trip years back and felt, of the three larger near islands, Saba was the most unique. And no, we don’t hike and/or dive but we had been there once on a day-trip and we just knew it would be the perfect place to do some serious limin’ which is just what we needed that year. We stayed at the Queens Garden Inn in a beautiful upper suite where the views of the island were extraordinary.

Anguilla and St. Barts are lovely - and STB is definitely the place to see and be seen as long as you don’t mind spending some serious bucks for the privilege but when all is said and done, the main features of both of these islands are the beaches and I personally think the numerous beaches on St. Maarten are just as beautiful. Saba is totally different and just not what I was expecting to find in the Caribbean.

The only caveat I would offer is DONT go there looking for beach bars and a party- hearty atmosphere - I’m sure it’s there somewhere if that’s your pleasure - and do bring a good book for chillin’ around the pool. Once you’ve toured the island and seen the museum, witnessed the ladies creating their beautiful Saba lace, driven through the hydroponic garden area and witnessed the incredible vistas from all vantage points, that book will be your best friend.

With regard to St. Martin-St Maarten there are any number of daytrips and daytime activities - just take your pick - but my best suggestion is spend some time exploring all the island has to offer. It really is a one-stop-shopping type of destination and deserves to be seen in its entirety.

Enjoy!! 😊😊

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."