Like other people in this thread, jetBlue canceled my R/T to SXM from FLL for late May. I had $671 in jetBlue's Travel Bank set to expire on 6/4/22 which I used to book the SXM flights. (The Travel Bank was debited because of a jetBlue flight change last year to STT which caused me to book with another airline). Anyway, the total amount for 4 R/T to SXM came to $1282. I'm no math wizard, but my calculator tells me that I paid an additional $611 with a credit card. $671 + $611 = $1282 Somehow, the fuzzy math employed by jetBlue now credits my Travel Bank with a total of $899. Huh?! I should have a total of $1282. To add insult to injury, they're still putting an expiration of 6/4/22 on half of it. Sorry, but I used the Travel Credits assigned to me in booking the SXM flights. jetBlue canceled. The clock should reset. Based on a suggestion in this thread, I'm using the chat session to try and straighten this out. Currently, it's telling me I have greater than a 2-hour wait to chat with someone.