I have a question that perhaps someone can help me with. We are heading to Croatia in June for a sailing trip, followed by a few nights in Madrid on our way back. Our exact flight itinerary is US>Canada>Germany>Croatia. Then after Croatia we have a direct flight to Madrid. Then Madrid>Canada>US. We will not be leaving the airport during any of the layovers and only spending time in Croatia and Madrid so I don't think our layovers in Canada or Germany really matter.

My concern is that my daughter's passport is set to expire 4 months after we return. I've checked each country we are going to be in (including Canada and Germany) and they all only seem to have a 3 month requirement for passports. That said, on the US travel.gov website I see it recommended to have 6 months remaining on a passport for any of those countries. I think it's a bit late in the game to try to renew her passport through the regular methods as processing times seem drawn out and unpredictable right now. We could go to a passport center but it's a four hour drive each way to the nearest one. Should I worry about trying to renew her passport or not sweat it?