Thanks for doing that and glad she got you a couple of Mimosas. We first met Kareen when she worked at La Gondola, maybe 20 years ago if not more. It seems like we have almost watched her grow up. She was at Izi (same owner as La Gondola) for a while, then Juliette's Bistro (where I heard someone yell my name a few years as I was walking by and it was her) and she spent some time at Isola before going to Reveil Martin. I was asking around about her on my recent trip as the last I knew she was at Juliette's Bistro and was told she was at Reveil Martin. I stopped in a couple of times but never caught her until late in my trip. I stopped shortly after they opened one morning and had a very nice visit with Kareen. She has a son living off the island and indicated she really enjoyed her position at Reveil Martin and spoke very highly of the owners and how she is treated.

In our 31 years of going to SXM, we have met many people in many different ways. Our first taxi driver and his family have a strong connection to us, we talk regularly and have shared many special (and some sad) times over the years. We have a special connection with a few servers and business owners and employees we have met over the years as well. Kareen has been a constant, always pleasant, does a great job wherever she is working and is a special person. People like her leave a lasting and positive memory. I am glad you got to meet her, thanks for sharing your experience.

Thanks for your reports and pictures. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

J.D.