Was supposed to be wheels up at 8:15 am this morning out of DCA for SJU where we (6 of us) would change to intercaribbean to EIS. After we were already asleep last night, around 10:30, JetBlue sent an email that our flight was canceled. No call no text. At around midnight they sent another email saying that they were not able to book us on any other flight to sju so.....good luck! Of course we didn't read any of this until we were up at 4 am getting ready to head to the airport.

Called jetBlue . .. estimated 264 minute wait time on hold. Lol. Called another ticketing company that services jet blue (arc services) and we're told that congratulations we can rebook you for Saturday morning..... But it'll cost you twice what you originally paid for your tickets. Told them I want my money back for the original tickets and they had the balls to claim that the flight was canceled because of a "government issue." Turned on the news and I can see all over the place that JetBlue can't staff its flights. So the government issue thing is complete b*******, aside from the fact that yes you do indeed need a pilot and a co-pilot to fly a plane.

It gets better. Called intercaribbean and they said well if you missed today's flight we can't get you to Tortola until Monday. JFC. I have a conch charter that I'm paying for starting this afternoon.

Had to scramble and find another flight, at a huge cost per ticket, for six of us tomorrow morning on Delta to stt. We'll have to spend the night there and ferry to road Town Saturday morning.

So thanks to JetBlue I'm out about 5k for new tickets and thousands more for missed vacation time, ferry costs, a one-night stay in St Thomas, a wasted set of six tickets on inter Caribbean....

Finally got a recorded voice call from Jet Blue at about 11:30 am that my flight was canceled and I should call their 1-800 number to figure out new plans.

Last edited by Skindeep; 04/14/2022 02:58 PM.